Data Analyst Intern - Summer 2021
- Detroit, MI
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Excel analytical functions, SQL and/or Python
- Knowledge of Tableau or PowerBI
- Analytical and creative thinker
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-motivated mentality and a desire to tell a story through data
- Ability to interact with team members across the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Data Analyst Intern is responsible for helping teams transform their raw data into action items. They make full use of their existing technical and communication skills and serve an important role in finding and implementing process improvement ideas while learning new tips along the way.
- Help condense large, often complex data and theory into clear, concise, easy-to-understand observations
- Help perform root cause analysis on internal and external data processes to answer specific business questions, identify points of interest and find ways to improve the process based on these results
- Communicate findings to team members and leaders
- Understand and apply tools for gathering data and performing analyses
- Run reports and deliver results on a regular basis
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analyses as needed
- Act as a liaison between teams to gather and communicate essential information for process improvement
Who We Are
Rock Central is recruiting for 20+ businesses in the Rock Family of Companies for Summer 2021 internships. Interns can expect to gain hands-on experience, learn how it feels to be in the workplace, participate in professional development opportunities and become a valuable member of a team.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top