Data Analyst - Compensation
Who We Are
We’re not only the largest online mortgage lender in America, we’re also the second largest mortgage lender overall – closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past seven consecutive years, 2010 – 2016. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for three consecutive years, 2014 through 2016, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 12 years running, hitting #1 the last five years and we were ranked #5 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2016, remaining in the top-30 for the past 13 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Data Analyst – Compensation is responsible for evaluating, updating and analyzing multiple types of compensation plans across the company as well as providing market pay data to help the business’s leaders make compensation decisions. This team member researches new data sources, analyzes existing data, teases out insights about data, and communicates those findings to the Compensation team and various leaders.
- Condense large and complex data sets into clear, concise, easy-to-understand observations
- Conduct profiling on large volumes of data to look at patterns, quality and trending
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify points of interest as well as ways to improve the process based on those results
- Understand and apply tools for gathering data and performing data analyses
- Act as a liaison between teams to gather and communicate essential information for process improvement
- Identify and analyze business problems, find opportunities and offer solutions
- Clearly articulate and effectively write business requirements
- Two years of relevant workplace experience or other relevant experience
- Mid-level to advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including the VLOOKUP function, pivot tables and formulas
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, including presentation prep in PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively as a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
What’ll Make You Special
- Database and querying language experience, particularly SQL
- Experience with analytics tools such as Tableau, R or SAS
- Experience creating data models
- Ability to dig into the details of complex problems and find solutions
- Ability to work as part of a team but also to be self-motivated to complete tasks with speed and quality
- Willingness to contribute in large group settings but also to work alone
- Positive attitude in the midst of ambiguity
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top