Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
The Business Intelligence Team is a group of diverse, empowered individuals who work together and with our internal clients to figure it out and achieve a common goal. Possibly more than any other group within the Quicken Loans organization, this team is required to be creative thinkers and to solve issues and concerns that face our business on a daily basis. Our team members have a high level of awareness and have an inquisitive approach to everything they encounter. We work in a dynamic and fast paced environment providing exposure to virtually all facets of our company. We openly share our individual expertise and communicate with each other and always strive to cultivate a learning environment. We believe that this environment will help foster our competitive business advantage, while at the same time allow for the personal growth that our talented group of team members crave. We make business fun and are motivated by a team of leaders who believe in leading by example.
Data Analysts serve as the front line for requests for the Analytics team. We support the ad-hoc queries that the analytics team fields on a daily basis and provide the routine reporting to provide our clients with key insights and visibility. Data Analysts use a wide variety of tools and data sets to provide solutions to the business and partner with all business areas within the company and sister companies. Operational Analysts need to be adaptable and flexible to jump into new endeavors and initiatives as every day will be different, providing new challenges and questions.
- Responsible for condensing large, often complex data and theory into clear, concise, easy to understand observations
- Conduct analysis on large volumes of data to look at performance, quality and trending
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions, identify points of interest and ways to improve the process based on those results
- Understand and apply tools for gathering data and performing analysis
- Run reports and report results on a regular basis
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analyses as needed
- Act as a liaison between teams to gather and communicate essential information for process improvement
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software
- Mid-level Excel skill including : VLOOKUP Function, Pivot Tables, Formulas
- Entry to Mid-level SQL experience
- Two or more years workplace experience (or other relevant experience)
- PowerPoint presentation preparation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work equally well individually or as part of a team
- Active listener
- Aptitude for new concepts, especially as they relate to technology and analytics
- Strong sense of urgency
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes, and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010-2016 Primary Mortgage Origination StudiesSM. 2016 study based on 3,267 total responses measuring 13 lenders and measures opinions of consumers who originated a new mortgage. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July-August 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.comQuicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the 3rd largest retail mortgage lender in America – according to National Mortgage News.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top