Credit Underwriter - Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ
- Mortgage Underwriting experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency with a passion for providing exceptional client service
- Business degree preferred
- FHA and VA experience preferred
Credit Underwriters review loans and mortgage applications upon receipt and make credit decisions on each loan reviewed. They're problem-solvers. They use tact, ethics and grace to dig deep to find answers for both internal and external clients.
- Review loans and applications upon receipt
- Answer underwriting questions from processors and loan officers
- Conduct the final check of conditions before final approval
- Utilize reports and other systems to manage pipelines
- Collaborate with underwriting leaders on difficult loan decisions
- Comply with all local and federal fair lending laws and net benefit requirements
- Submit mortgage applications and borrower information through an automated underwriting system
- Review findings to ensure correct status of applications
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
Back to top