Who We Are
Detroit-based Rock Ventures serves and connects Quicken Loans Founder and Cleveland Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert’s portfolio of more than 100 companies. The Rock Ventures Family of Companies' mission is to increase growth, innovation and prosperity in the cities in which its more than 30,000 team members live, work and play. Key initiatives include real estate development, community investments and economic development.
What You'll Do/Need
The Corporate Paralegal will work directly with the chief in-house corporate counsel, providing paralegal and project management support for a fast-paced, innovative urban company. This team member will assist in corporate governance, database management and other important legal initiatives.
- Manage, organize and track business entities; prepare formation documents, including operating agreements and resolutions
- Categorize, index and simplify large amounts of data and curate into succinct, understandable format
- Review invoices from registered agent to ensure conformity with company guidelines
- File annual reports and monitor state requirements
- Function – for the first four to six months – as the primary contact for a new entity management system
- Maintain management system and routine corporate governance matters (approximately 25 – 50% of time), as well as working on general corporate legal matters (NDAs, research, preparation of legal closing documents and closing sets, management of closing rooms)
- Minimum of three to five years of corporate governance experience, including formation of entities, and familiarity with entity management systems and processes
- Basic business knowledge and understanding of the legal underpinnings for business formation, structure and capitalization
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing, in person and in small groups
- Ability to comprehend, distill and simplify issues for presentation to team members
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage time to meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines
- Self-management skills to follow through on tasks and communications;
- Be an active learner and understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Willingness and ability to exhibit the highest degree of confidentiality in all company matters
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience with real estate law (leases, easements and real property acquisitions)
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, and knowledge of Computershare GEMS system
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes, and more
Why We're Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Rock Ventures, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we're dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you're at it.
Rock Ventures is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top