Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Legal team is an integral part of the overall risk management function at Quicken Loans. Key areas of responsibility for a Compliance Specialist include ensuring the company is up to date with ongoing legal and regulatory changes affecting the residential mortgage industry, as well as applying existing laws and regulations to new and ongoing business initiatives. We're looking for an experienced person with demonstrated success in residential mortgage servicing compliance to help support our Servicing team.
- Support day-to-day business operations that are impacted or driven by regulatory requirements
- Review and analyze new or existing federal and state laws to see how the company is affected
- Work closely with our Banking, Operations, Capital Markets and Technology teams to implement changes in a timely manner
- Assist our Examination team in preparing for regulatory examinations and other audits, including interacting with regulatory agencies
- Oversee and coordinate projects in a fast-paced working environment
- Keeping all in-house reference materials up to date
- Three years of residential mortgage lending experience
- A paralegal or bachelor’s degree or relevant educational and work experience
- An understanding of regulatory topics, concepts, practices and procedures related to originating a mortgage loan
- Strong computer, analytical, organizational, research and writing skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Confident, enthusiastic self-starter who is results-oriented and works well both independently and on team projects
What'll Make You Special
- Experience with federal and multi-state, residential mortgage lending laws and regulations
- Proficiency in AMP
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance "Top 50 Mortgage Lenders" report from Q2 2017.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top