Chief Technology Officer/CTO
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
At Quicken Loans, Technology drives the business. Quicken Loans has a unique and innovative take on the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) role. Our CTO will drive technology innovation, transformation and lead the teams implementing those technologies. As CTO, you will be responsible for working with the CIO and the executive team to create the vision, strategy, and roadmap for technology focused on speed and innovation. By using your technology and industry knowledge you will drive technology transformation across the enterprise. The ideal CTO candidate will be a thought leader in technology and the application development space with a deep knowledge of agile methodologies and modern development practices, and will maintain knowledge of current technology trends and practices to ensure Quicken Loans remains technically aggressive in developing solutions.
What You’ll Do
- As part of the executive leadership team, identify innovative technology-related opportunities for delivering the company’s services by understanding technology trends and applying them to our business.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Promote achievement of the company’s business goals by developing guidelines for technological innovation and attaining differentiating intellectual property.
- Lead people with the ISM’s in mind to create a culture of collaboration within the organization that emphasizes teamwork and accountability and a focus on the client both internally and externally.
- Maintain a strong and competent development team of over 900 technologists, ensuring that that they positively embrace change and are respected throughout the organization.
- Establish clear goals and performance objectives for the IT Leaders while rewarding initiatives, discipline, dedication and technical excellence.
- Drive technology standards and best practices across the organization.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to stakeholders including clients, investors, executives, and team members.
- Provide oversight of all decisions related to new products and services, including new capabilities definition/implementation, strategic partnerships and acquisitions.
- Establish and communicate requirements in acquiring technology applications, services, systems, and equipment; negotiate and manage vendor contracts to cost and performance standards.
- Ensure the seamless integration of new platforms with existing systems.
What You’ll Need
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT Management, Computer Engineering. (Master’s degree is a plus.)
- 10+ years experience in senior IT leadership roles in a large, complex organization
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading technology teams with exceptional strategic vision, conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of building IT products with expert level understanding of software engineering principles and development practices.
- Strong process improvement orientation.
- Ability to represent the Technology Team to senior leadership.
- Ability to present complex ideas in clear, concise manner to technical and non-technical groups.
- Skilled at strategic planning and coordination across multiple functions.
- Seasoned judgment for working independently and taking initiative - characterized by urgency and productivity.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a decentralized business, managing multiple stakeholders with interpersonal finesse.
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes, and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010-2016 Primary Mortgage Origination StudiesSM. 2016 study based on 3,267 total responses measuring 13 lenders and measures opinions of consumers who originated a new mortgage. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July-August 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.comQuicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the 3rd largest retail mortgage lender in America – according to National Mortgage News.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top