Chief Information Officer
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
- Oversee the information technology strategy for our organization including desktop support, building integration and software support including Yardi and parking technology
- Lead and mentor a team of desktop support technicians
- Communicate frequently with teams concerning projects, operational decisions and achieving goals (property management, construction, engineering/sustainability, parking management, and operations)
- Forecast and budget resources and expenses
- Act as an IT project director for all building acquisitions, developments, and build outs.
- Maintain knowledge of current technology trends to ensure Bedrock remains technologically aggressive
- Participate in the creation and evolution of a technology road map defining current and future technical architectures
- Understand and recommend changes to contracts and licensing during the evaluation of platforms or solutions
- Portray forward thinking strategy on infrastructure to always find better ways of doing things
- Oversee and help facilitate all technology aspects of the new hire process, including the creation of profiles, setting up emails, email group addition, company phone set-up, etc, by delegating through the desktop team
- Act as an advisor and liaison with vendors and contractors for items related to technology
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or a related discipline
- 10+ years of leadership or solution development experience
- Background in Real Estate, Construction or Property Management field
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- Experience leading large-scale initiatives across multiple applications
- Preferred knowledge of Yardi
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Bedrock, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top