Business Development Manager
- Oakland, CA
- Proven work experience as a business development manager and/or sales executive
- Previous experience in ad yield or ad sales a plus
- Communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
The Business Development Manager is expected to set a strategy, lead outreach to meet and exceed assigned revenue goals. As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for generating sales across Dictionary.com's portfolio of digital publishing assets and executing the company's sales strategy.
- Develop business development strategy and lead the outreach to new partners
- Oversee all outside sales-related process including assess the landscape and identification of top prospects
- Respond to incoming opportunities
- Negotiate and executing new deals and insertion orders
- Work with marketing and ad yield to monetize user experiences
- Help to optimize performance and delivery when necessary
- Generate new sales leads through prospecting and understanding of prospective partners business challenges
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and partners
- Manage and grow clients
Who We Are
Dictionary.com is committed to eliminating anxiety with the English language through simple, expertly crafted definitions, the perfect synonyms, and rich narratives about the intersection of words and culture. We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we've made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
The Dictionary.com team exudes energy and a passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward another 20+ years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top