- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, business administration, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience as a Business Analyst or in a similar role
- 2 years of experience with application testing methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of office productivity tools (e.g., the Microsoft Office suite)
- Knowledge of communication and collaboration tools (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Teams and TFS)
- Knowledge of business analysis tools and techniques (e.g., business process model notation, Microsoft Visio and Excel, and prototyping tools)
The Business Analyst plays a key role in analyzing enterprise and stakeholder needs as well as designing and delivering solutions that meet those needs. This team member discovers, synthesizes and analyzes information from a variety of sources (such as technology, documentation, processes and teams within the enterprise) to ensure solutions are meeting the needs of the enterprise as well as the stakeholders. They must understand the enterprise's goals, analyze needs and underlying issue root causes, define requirements, propose solutions, devise strategies, collaborate with others and drive change.
- Understand business problems, find opportunities and offer solutions to stakeholders for process and/or technology enhancements
- Document business and technology processes and requirements
- Write and execute software test plans (a document that details software testing objectives and scope as well as the tasks involved)
- Define system scope and objectives based on user needs, downstream effects and industry requirements
- Troubleshoot and recreate system problems, bugs, etc.
- Follow and implement change management practices for a process and/or technology solution
- Determine if end user training is necessary and provide supporting materials for that training
- Conduct user acceptance testing to ensure the provided solution is solving the business problem
- Work with IT or business partners to resolve production issues that may arise
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 through 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top