Building Trades Program Manager
- 5 years preferred experience with construction workforce development?and/or project management related to building trades
- Knowledge of local construction landscape and key stakeholders
- Bachelor?s degree preferred and/or certification in construction management or related degree/trade credentials
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Fluxx and/or Workday
The Education and Employment team of the Quicken Loans Community Fund aims to strengthen pathways to employment and economic self-sufficiency through quality and equitable education and job training opportunities.
As the Building Trades Program Manager for the Education and Employment team, this position is expected to act as a professional, conscientious and attentive ambassador for Quicken Loans and the Rock Family of Companies through all internal and external communications and community engagement. The Building Trades?Program Manager aids the implementation of the Education and Employment team?s strategy by taking on projects with a ?We?ll Figure it Out,? creative mindset and supporting team leaders and other team members through effective communication and a continued commitment to the Quicken Loans Community Fund?s overall mission.
The Building Trades Program Manager must have familiarity with Detroit?s?education and employment landscape, with an emphasis on career technical education and the skilled-trades industry. The position must also have a keen passion for, and familiarity with work-based learning models and systems, employer engagement strategies, and local/state policies that affect and influence the city. The Building Trades?Program Manager will support projects focused on strengthening pathways to employment and economic self-sufficiency through quality and equitable education and job training opportunities. Specific objectives include expanding work-based learning opportunities for youth and adult students across the construction-trades industry; creating awareness opportunities for exploration of the various career pathways; developing talent pipelines to commercial construction careers; establishing workforce equity strategies to champion and share among employers in the industry; pilot, measure, and scale new solutions to local educational and workforce challenges; and support the strategic development and operations of the Quicken Loans Community Fund Education & Employment team.
This position requires the ability participate in, and support meetings with partners, funders, grantees, and public officials; write grants, memos, and practitioner tools; make public presentations; and effectively support and advance project deliverables as a member of a project team.
- Maintain a strong commitment to the Quicken Loans Community Fund?s mission and values with the ability to demonstrate that commitment in daily interactions
- Assist the Education and Employment team Director in shaping the team?s philanthropic strategy in alignment with the greater organizational mission
- Thread tying with other Community Fund focus areas (i.e. Volunteer Engagement & Giving, Housing Stability) and Rock/FOC teams (i.e. Bedrock HR, Quicken Loans Government Affairs)
- Attend and be actively involved in citywide meetings relevant to skilled trades and workforce/talent development
- Build relationships with relevant stakeholders within Detroit Public School Community District, Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation, Unions, Training Organizations, and Employers to support Career Technical Education and talent development strategies
- Develop a comprehensive work-based learning strategy in partnership with Bedrock to maximize and strengthen avenues for the Rock/Family of Companies to provide quality career awareness and upskilling opportunities for Detroiters
- Participate in, and support multiple teams working on projects focused on the skilled-trades industry, work-based learning initiatives, partnership building, career management and supportive services, employer engagement, and other types of workforce development and educational strategies
- Participate in planning and facilitating meetings of diverse stakeholders, including peer-learning meetings, technical assistance workshops, and site visits to grantees
- Conduct primary and secondary research to identify and analyze best practices for finding and supporting populations with high barriers to academic and job success
- Support project evaluation, analysis, and reporting by managing data collection and data quality reviews with grantees, third party evaluators, and other members of the project team
- Communicate effectively and professionally in public forums and via social media with colleagues regarding activities and outcomes of assigned projects
- Gather and apply data and analysis, in alignment with the Education & Employment team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), to effectively measure, benchmark, and monitor the impact of partnerships and how it affects both organizational and individual learning
About the Quicken Loans Community Fund
The Quicken Loans Community Fund is the philanthropic arm of Quicken Loans and the Rock Family of Companies. The mission of the Quicken Loans Community Fund is to support inclusive, thriving and resilient communities by making data-driven investments in housing, employment and public life.?Team members of the Quicken Loans Community Fund work diligently to bring together all of the tools across the Rock Family of Companies ? philanthropic capital, team member talent, government affairs expertise, technology, etc. ? in order to maximize the Rock Family of Companies? impact on home communities. The Quicken Loans Community Fund is a key team in the implementation of the Rock Family of Companies? ?for more than profit? strategy, which believes that business and community are inextricably linked and are stronger together.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities of this position can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified by a variety of similar adjectives at any time by leadership.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Erica M.Mortgage Banker
Erica is the main point of contact for Quicken Loans’ mortgage clients, helping them get to the closing table with a smile on their faces.
Back to top