Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
The Building Engineer maintains and operates all building equipment (HVAC, MEP, etc.), performs miscellaneous maintenance throughout the building, and supervises all outside vendors working in and around the buildings. This team member provides professional and courteous responses to management, team member and tenant requests in a timely manner.
- Respond to and prioritize requests from supervisors, tenants, security, etc.
- Ensure compliance with city, state and federal safety and environmental laws, codes, standards and regulations
- Order, maintain, stock and inventory parts and supplies
- Induce water treatment chemicals in heating and cooling systems
- Perform chemical analysis tests, and report any abnormalities or substandard results
- Start and stop equipment
- Assist in the training and development of fellow Engineers
- Operate, maintain and repair electric, mechanical, HVAC and MEP equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Licenses required by local, state or national municipalities
- Three years of experience in commercial HVAC
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends to ensure proper work coverage
- Intermediate working knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical control devices
- Knowledge of basic hand tools such as wrenches, pliers and screwdrivers
- Knowledge of power tools (pneumatic, electric or engine drive) drill motors, saws, grinders, impact wrenches, drain cleaner, etc.
- Ability to read and use shop manuals and drawings
- Ability to read steam, gas, water and electric utility meters
- Ability to use basic measuring and recording equipment such as temperature indicators, pressure gauges and voltage testers
- Intermediate keyboard skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Bedrock, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top