Big Data Architect
- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in in computer science, information technology, software engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years building data solutions
- 3 years of experience with big data solutions
- 2 years building data solutions frameworks
- 4 years of experience with Hadoop ecosystem tools
- Master's degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of NoSQL modeling techniques and nonstructured data formats, including Avro and Parquet
- Knowledge of general programming languages, including Java, Python, C/C++, Scala and Unix/Linux scripting skills
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem tools
The Big Data Architect sets best practices and standards for executing solutions surrounding big data and distributed platforms. They set the standards for processing high velocity/volume structured and unstructured data sets using distributed computing methods.
The Big Data Architect is responsible for designing and communicating the vision and strategy around big data technologies. They act as the bridge between business and technology, working closely with business areas to identify high level scope and features that will be used to develop best practices and standards. They act as the standard and best practice setter and promoter with the ability to align team members and clients to consistently follow standards.
The Big Data Architect invests significant time understanding the needs of the business to design the future state of the big data platform so that we are building solutions for tomorrow while supporting the needs of today. The Big Data Architect is responsible for participating in the creation and evolution of a technology road map that defines data architectures and enables a solid enterprise data strategy. This team member documents and evangelizes architectural models that show how the current and future needs of the organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile and adaptable manner.
- Architect scalable and secure big data solutions to provide visibility and decision support to business end users
- Ensure data solutions are built for performance, fault tolerance and security with reusable patterns
- Define technology capabilities required to develop scalable applications for data science and data platform goals
- Design integration patterns with data source platforms
- Identify and enable data science capabilities across the enterprise
- Promote best practices, guide the team to follow them and collect and incorporate feedback based on team experiences to improve practices
- Design data schemas and processes to transform and analyze data streams
- Partner with business and technology to deliver road maps
- Work with a team to build a holistic view of the organization's data strategy, processes, information and information technology assets
- Define best practices and internal guidelines
- Research new technologies and use cases
- Mentor engineers
- Capture program metrics
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 through 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top