Big Data Architect
The Big Data Architect sets best practices and standards for executing solutions surrounding big data and distributed platforms. They set the standards for processing high-velocity/volume structured and unstructured data sets using distributed computing methods.
- Architect scalable big data solutions to provide visibility and decision support to business end users
- Define technology capabilities required to develop scalable applications for data science and data platform goals
- Design integrations with data sources
- Promote best practices, guide the team to follow them, and collect and incorporate feedback based on team experiences to improve practices
- Design data schemas and processes to transform and analyze data streams
- Define best practices and internal guidelines
- Research new technologies
- Mentor junior engineers
- Capture program metrics
- Experience with NoSQL modeling techniques and non-structured data formats like Apache Avro and Parquet
- Experience with general programming languages like Java, Python and C/C++ and Unix scripting skills
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem tools
- 3 years of experience building data solutions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
Back to top