Big Data Administrator
The Big Data Administrator is responsible for supporting, configuring, upgrading and maintaining multiple Hadoop clusters. The Big Data Administrator is also responsible for the overall Hadoop clusters' security, availability, capacity, scalability and performance. This team member contributes to building out additional clusters, adding nodes/capacity to existing clusters and implementing open source projects. The Big Data Administrator also monitors and ensures proper utilization of resources while overseeing the future vision for the health and stability of the big data platform.
- Install, configure and administer the Hortonworks/Cloudera Hadoop platform; help maintain the Hadoop infrastructure and operations; and work with Infrastructure teams to setup new Hadoop clusters
- Support Big Data system environments such as Hortonworks Data Platform
- Respond to support requests that occur same-day; resolution will depend on the level of complexity but must be completed within a maximum of 72 hours
- Work with big data engineers to set up data access security groups, and work with delivery teams for provisioning of users into Hadoop
- Apply proper architecture guidelines to ensure highly available services
- Plan and execute major platform software and operating system upgrades and maintenance across physical environments
- Develop and automate processes for maintenance of the environment
- Implement security measures for all aspects of the cluster (ssl, disk encryption, role-based access via ranger polices)
- Ensure proper resource utilization between the different development teams and processes
- Design and implement a tool set that simplifies provisioning and support of a large cluster environment
- Review performance stats and query execution/explain plans, and recommend changes for tuning Hive queries
- Create and maintain detailed up-to-date technical documentation
- Master's degree in computer science or computer information systems
- 2 years of recent Hortonworks or Cloudera Hadoop administration experience
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop architecture (HDFS), Hadoop cluster installation, configuration, monitoring, cluster security, cluster resources management, maintenance and performance tuning
- Expert-level knowledge of Hortonworks or Cloudera Hadoop components such as HDFS, Kafka, HBase, Spark, Hive, YARN, ZooKeeper, Knox, Oozie, Ranger, Zeppelin, etc.
- Strong knowledge of key scripting and programming languages such as Python, Scala and Bash
- Experience with Linux and the ability to shell script with Linux
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
- Proficiency with system upgrades, patches, maintaining compliance and support audits
- Experience with public cloud environments, including AWS and Azure, as well as experience in build and deployment automation
- Intimate knowledge of fully integrated AD/Kerberos authentication
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 9 consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Erica M.Mortgage Banker
Erica is the main point of contact for Quicken Loans’ mortgage clients, helping them get to the closing table with a smile on their faces.
Back to top