Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
The BI Engineer is responsible for developing BI applications along with maintaining objects and reports within the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence (BI) environment. The BI Engineer focuses on building and documenting highly automated applications and data presentation tools that produce accurate, relevant and timely data and analysis tools for the Quicken Loans business users.
- Work with Business Analysts and users to understand business reporting requirements
- Develop and implement BI report objects supporting end-user business requirements
- Assist in the creation of BI development standards and processes
- Monitor jobs and troubleshoot the BI Data Warehouse environment and work with Data Warehouse Engineers to support them through integration into existing application layers
- Design and create automated BI applications and reporting solutions
- Provide technical expertise and advice to business areas to help them smoothly transition manual reports and applications to the BI environment
- Guide business areas in identifying new data needs and delivery mechanisms for reporting information
- Create and support SSRS reports used for automation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or have equivalent experience
- One year of experience using SQL Server 2008 or newer
- One year of experience creating data visualizations (SSRS, Tableau, Power BI)
- One year experience in performance tuning (SQL, ETL)
- Self-driven personality with the ability to think outside of the box
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience with SQL Server database administration
- Three years of experience in T-SQL coding SQL 2008 or newer Analysis Services
- One year of experience using .NET, C#, VB.NET, VBA, ASP.NET, Java
- Experience with SQL Analysis Services and MDX query language
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Prior application developer experience
- Experience working in Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience using Tableau
- Experience with XML
- Ability to work cross-functionally
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top