Asterisk Software Developer
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Asterisk Software Developer collaborates with engineers, developers, architects, system engineers and product managers to solve new and existing technical issues. If you want to be on the leading edge of leveraging technology to solve business problems, we want to talk to you.
- Maintain ownership of assigned projects
- Understand project requirements and then implement designs, provide administration tools and create documentation
- Develop in multiple languages, including asterisk
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Follow and enhance existing development processes
- Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability
- Consistently meet project deadlines
- Perform regular on-call duties
- Substantial asterisk experience
- Experience in general software development methodologies
- Direct experience in telephony development
- Strong experience in all aspects of the software lifecycle, including design and testing
- Able to perform tasks such as manipulation of the dial plan, or interact with the API interfaces such as AMI, ARI, etc.
- Ability to understand and start projects quickly
- Team-oriented experience
- Superb attention to detail
- Very good oral and written communication skills regardless of audience
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience with WCF, WPF, service-oriented architecture, BizTalk and Ajax
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Back to top