Associate VP of Property Management, Residential
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential buildings. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates has committed more than $5.6 billion in acquiring and developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet.
Bedrock is leading Detroit’s building boom with the city’s largest and most ambitious projects. These projects meet an increasing demand for Class A office space and modern living options in a growing and technology-centric urban core, with an emphasis on ground-level activation and increased walkability. In the next five years, Bedrock plans to deliver 3,500 new residential units to the market; from City Modern, an 8.4-acre neighborhood where residents can age in place; to 28Grand, where residents use the city as their living room; to the Hudson’s project, which will soon be home to Detroit’s tallest building and most landmark address.
Our Core Values: Independently Driven | Never Satisfied | Relentless Commitment to Service
At Bedrock, we create unique experiences through real estate! From your experience each day at the workplace to the experience we create for those who live, work, and play in our spaces, we are focused on making a lasting impression through our properties and developments. We are looking for team members that want to make an impact in the fast-paced world of real estate, management and development and who want to be a part of a team who is changing the landscape in the cities where we work. At Bedrock, you will be a part of an inspirational, energy-filled environment. Come join the momentum!
What You'll Do/Need
Bedrock's Associate Vice President of Residential Property Management has overall responsibility for maximizing the performance and value of Bedrock's residential portfolio while ensuring an amazing experience for residents and compliance with all federal, state and local requirements. This team member is responsible for formulating and implementing a long-range real estate management strategy.
- Review annual operating and capital budgets prior to presenting to senior staff
- Ensure on-site team members develop effective resident relations at each property
- Review expenditures at the property level, ensuring they are within budget and properly approved
- Ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to all legal requirements
- Conduct regular visits to assigned properties and properties of Senior Property Managers and On-Site Property Managers
- Represent the company within the industry at various functions and within various organizations
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control, revenue maximization and delinquency management plans, and variance reporting
- Hire, manage and direct the overall performance and career development of direct reports
- Assist with due diligence efforts on potential acquisitions by inspecting units, scheduling expert inspections and reviewing operations to provide insights to the Acquisitions team
- Liaise with the property teams to ensure market positioning and strategic direction meet portfolio, client and company goals
- Maintain a strong functional relationship with tenants as well as the Leasing, Accounting, Engineering and Security teams, in addition to other internal and external customers
- Establish and implement a training platform to ensure proper team member certifications are in place for Fair Housing and Workplace Safety as well as ongoing staff training
- Continuously improve industry knowledge and expertise through various multifamily investment real estate and property management publications, reports, seminars, trade shows, panels and board discussions
Leadership Competencies & Deliverables
- Integrity & Ethics: Highest standards of personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Strategic Thinker: designs and refines organizational strategies for both the present and future, in a fast-paced, ever-changing, global digital and technology arena
- Customer Experience: Sponsors key initiatives at the organizational level to delivery of messages, pushing for change, providing resources, and generating excitement – both internally and externally
- Communication Agent: Consistently and persistently ensures that vision of Bedrock is clearly communicated to key leaders and that they are able to help others translate the vision into action
- Influence: Achieves long-term strategies by successfully influencing initiatives to key leaders in Finance, Technology, Risk Management, Construction, Legal, Property Management, etc.
- Change Leadership: Takes proactive role by articulating a compelling vision of change; anticipating and overcoming potential obstacles; and addressing conflicts among the leadership group for discussion and resolution
- Partnership: Strategically partners with Bedrock’s leaders. Sustains organizational partnerships during periods of change and adversity
- Team Focus: Models collaboration in building plans and strategies to enhance organizational clarity. Adapts management style to enable optimal team performance
- Commitment to Results: Invests significant resources towards opportunities for radical improvement—setting standards for growth, quality and service that assure market leadership
- Culture Champion: Develops and supports long-range diversity and inclusivity strategies and initiatives that improve market penetration, enhance leadership makeup, and create a culture that values diversity
- People Leadership & Development: Promotes the visibility of current and future leaders and supports individuals with their development to ensure Bedrock’s talent and leadership talent and succession requirements and strategies are achieved
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate or related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in managing a multisite residential portfolio
- ARM and SPM designations or CAM and CAPS certifications preferred
- Proven success in budgeting, financial management, team development, performance management and leasing
- Certified Property Manager designation or active candidacy for similar designations strongly preferred
- Ability to problem solve and make strategic decisions; ability to be creative, flexible, and adaptable to new situations and assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Experienced and visionary leader who is able to maximize the strength of the Property Management team and implement an effective property management business plan meeting regulatory compliance and fiscal goals
- Willingness to travel from time to time as required
- Ability to present industry-related matters in front of an audience as required and to speak on behalf of the organization
- Fair Housing certification
- Technology savvy and an understanding of current trends in the commercial real estate industry
- Experience with Yardi or similar property management software
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top