Assistant Property Manager
- Cleveland, OH
- 2 years of experience in property management required; degree preferred
- Real estate salesperson license
- Working knowledge of building systems, equipment and design
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Yardi or similar property management software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects and tasks
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to respond appropriately to all tenant/resident inquiries
- Proactive attitude for taking on new projects, coming up with innovative ideas and designing better processes
- Excellent follow-through in managing tenant/resident issues and administering supervisory responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to support and contribute to the team
The Assistant Property Manager supports the Property Management teams with building condition inspections, vendor oversight and contracts, tenant/resident relations, and administration of policies and procedures to efficiently manage the operations of the buildings. This team member works closely with internal and external teams as well as tenants. Their ability to prioritize, organize and communicate activity within the building is crucial to maintaining a positive tenant experience. Primary responsibilities include ensuring the property and common areas are maintained to Bedrock standards.
- Assist with developing and documenting property management procedures
- Maintain accurate tenant/resident, vendor and building records
- Maintain and update the shared database for vendors and tenants/residents
- Communicate effectively with team members, tenants/residents, vendors, contractors, government offices, property management and senior leadership
- Manage all building work activity, oversee access and enforce all scheduling with construction, outside vendors and the on-site team to ensure normal operations during building hours
- Assist in the day-to-day operational management of buildings and grounds
- Perform and document inspections of buildings within the portfolio on a daily basis and report any maintenance and repairs needed to Property Management teams
- Coordinate service agreements with select contractors and suppliers
- Assist in researching and preparing RFPs and bid comparisons
- Review and respond to all property inspections
- Assist in overseeing all Maintenance team members
- Assist with administration of tenant/resident leases in compliance with lease provisions
- Follow up and report on rent delinquencies for specific tenants/residents as required
- Provide and develop excellent working relationships with all tenants/resident
- Ensure that tenant/resident inquiries and complaints are satisfactorily addressed in a timely manner and ensure follow-up
- Work closely with internal partners in Tenant Services and on the Events team to support special events for tenants/residents
- Provide coverage for open administrative positions or tasks when needed
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing and managing commercial and residential buildings. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested and committed more than $5.6 billion to acquiring and developing more than 100 properties, including new construction of ground-up developments in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 18 million square feet.
Bedrock's real estate portfolio consists of more than 200 office tenants and more than 120 retailers and restaurants in Detroit's technology-centric downtown, the majority of which are new to the market, including Microsoft, Quicken Loans, LinkedIn, StockX, Ally Bank's national headquarters, Fifth Third Bank's regional headquarters, WeWork, Madewell, Under Armour, Shake Shack and countless others.
Bedrock is currently developing four transformational projects, including the Hudson's Site, Monroe Blocks, Book Tower renovation and One Campus Martius expansion. Bedrock is also undertaking construction of City Modern, a community development in Detroit's Brush Park neighborhood. Partnering with Detroit-based Shinola, Bedrock developed the world's first Shinola Hotel on Woodward Avenue, which opened in early 2019.
Bedrock is dedicated to creating jobs for Detroiters and investing in job training. Over the last year, the company has invested in both the Randolph Career Technical Center and the Breithaupt Career and Technical Center to build a pipeline of talent for Detroit's growing economy.
Creating unique experiences through real estate is Bedrock's mission. To make this a reality, Bedrock and its affiliates continuously invest in significant public art installations and placemaking initiatives throughout the city.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top