Assistant Property Manager
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
The Assistant Property Manager supports the Property Management teams with building condition inspections, vendor oversight and administration of policies and procedures to efficiently manage the operations of the buildings.
- Assist with developing and documenting property management procedures
- Maintain accurate tenant, vendor and building records
- Communicate effectively with staff members, tenants, vendors, contractors, government offices, property management and senior management staff
- Assist in the day-to-day operational management of buildings and grounds
- Inspect buildings and report maintenance and repairs needs to Property Management teams
- Coordinate service agreements and select contractors and suppliers
- Research and prepare RFPs and bid comparisons
- Assist with the administration of tenant leases in compliance with lease provisions
- Follow up and report on rent delinquencies
- Develop positive working relationships with tenants, ensuring that tenant inquires and complaints are addressed in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Work closely with internal partners to support special events for tenants
- One year of experience in property management
- Real estate salesperson license
- Working knowledge of building systems, equipment and design
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Familiarity with Yardi or similar property management software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relationship building skills
What’ll Make You Special
- Property management degree
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Bedrock, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top