Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
The Application Engineer is responsible for configuring software functions and activities for web-based, internally hosted applications. This person ensures the stability, integrity and efficient operation of information systems and applies communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues.
- Design, develop, test and implement application changes
- Implement, configure and manage multiuser systems
- Improve and automate processes, including data retrieval
- Maintain the integrity and functionality of applications and systems
- Be familiar with product trends and technology innovations for any assigned or related systems
- Develop automation scripts and programs to remove manual system configuration
- Analyze, evaluate and propose system changes to business sponsors and application end users
- Understand the details of each managed system and educate end users on best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent field
- Two years of experience configuring servers and systems
- One year of experience analyzing system failures to minimize outages and interruptions
- Experience taking projects from initial concept through planning and implementation
- Strong research and analytical skills
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with SharePoint administration
- Experience with development and scripting, specifically with C#, PHP, PowerShell, VB Script or similar languages
- Knowledge and experience of application administration and configuration
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top