Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
The Application Engineer plays a major role in configuring software and developing functions pertaining to the business rules and messaging between various Quicken Loans systems. In addition, the Application Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and administration of enterprise business rules engine. The Application Engineer applies their proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues while maximizing the efficiency of technology systems.
- Ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the business rules engine that supports core integration functions
- Work with Developers, Architects and System Engineers to identify requirements and design business rules
- Configure and administrate the business rules engine
- Develop Java and C# applications to support and monitor the business rules engine
- Coordinate and assist in testing code and configuration changes
- Evaluate the costs and benefits of various changes and set priorities accordingly
- Analyze proposed design changes
- Follow product trends and technology innovations
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or an equivalent field
- Object-oriented programming experience in Java and C#
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Experience interpreting and writing business rules in a rules engine application
- Knowledge of XML
What'll Make You Special
- Experience using eligibility guidelines from originated or serviced loans
Back to top