Who We Are
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be excited to find something different here.
We’re QuP, LLC –a new financial-technology (FinTech) startup within the Quicken Loans Family of Companies. With the backing of the #1 online mortgage lender in the country, Quicken Loans, we’re building an all-encompassing finance app designed to make life’s most complex financial decisions radically simple. We’re trying to change the financial world as we know it and strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment in the process!
We’re a sister company of Quicken Loans, named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015, listed on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. Quicken Loans was also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Android Engineer works on a project-by-project basis with other Engineers, Web Developers, and Business and Marketing team members to create an intuitive experience for mobile users. While in a high-energy environment, this team member creates, extends and improves native mobile applications for iOS, Android and potentially other mobile platforms, leverages an internal web service framework, builds solutions and maintains existing applications.
- Build user-friendly, interactive mobile apps
- Work with other Engineers, Developers, Architects, Quality Assurance Specialists, System Engineers and Project Managers in solving new and existing technical challenges
- Understand requirements, implement solutions and provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects
- Mentor other Mobile Software Engineers; teach mobile coding techniques; assist with debugging issues and testing; and explain what issues could lurk within high-level designs
- Follow and enhance existing development processes; measure and verify that code has acceptable performance and scalability
- Perform scheduled on-call duties
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Deliver accurate estimates, provide regular feedback and consistently meet project deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software development, art and technology, information technology or information systems or equivalent work experience
- Established portfolio of work and/or code samples
- One year of experience developing iOS apps using Swift or Android apps using Java
- Solid understanding of Cocoa/UIKit frameworks, Xcode/Interface Builder and the iOS SDK or the Android SDK, Java and Eclipse
- Experience using version control repositories, such as CVS and Git
- Ability to explain complex ideas and concepts to non-technical team members and to enjoy the learning process as well as teaching others
- Understanding of how and why unit testing delivers better solutions and speeds up maintenance
- Solution-oriented mindset and a history of embracing challenges and coming up with solutions
- Ability to write, implement and manage libraries for either platform
What’ll Make You Special
- User interface implementation experience
- Related experience in software testing and design
- Applications posted in the App Store/Google Play
- Experience with Kotlin for Android
- Team-oriented experience
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate and entreprenueral culture of QuP gives our team members the initiative to build a platform from scratch, coming up with solutions together and growing both personally and professionally. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Qup, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance "Top 50 Mortgage Lenders" report from Q2 2017.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top