Who We Are
We’re Amrock, the nation’s largest FinTech provider of title insurance, valuations and closing services. We’re a preferred provider to nine of the top 10 mortgage lenders, delivering innovative solutions to streamline the real estate and mortgage financing experience for lenders, property owners and real estate professionals nationwide. Our headquarters are in Detroit, Michigan, and our team members span across the U.S., with offices in California, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.
What You'll Do/Need
The Android Software Engineer works on a project-by-project basis with other Engineers, Web Developers, and Business and Marketing team members to create an intuitive experience for mobile users. While in a high-energy environment, this team member creates, extends and improves native mobile applications for Android and potentially other mobile platforms, leverages an internal web service framework, builds solutions and maintains existing applications.
- Build user-friendly, interactive mobile apps
- Work with other Engineers, Developers, Architects, Quality Assurance Specialists, System Engineers and Project Managers in solving new and existing technical challenges
- Understand requirements, implement solutions and provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects
- Mentor other Mobile Software Engineers, teach mobile coding techniques, assist with debugging issues and testing, and explain what issues could lurk within high-level designs
- Follow and enhance existing development processes; measure and verify that code has acceptable performance and scalability
- Perform scheduled on-call duties
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Deliver accurate estimates, provide regular feedback and consistently meet project deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software development, art and technology, information technology or information systems, or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of experience developing Android apps using Java
- Solid understanding of Android SDK, Java and Eclipse
- Experience using version control repositories, such as CVS and Git
- Established portfolio of work and/or code samples
- Ability to explain complex ideas and concepts to non-technical team members and to enjoy the learning process
- Understanding of how and why unit testing delivers better solutions and speeds up maintenance
- Solution-oriented mindset
What’ll Make You Special
- 3 years in an engineering role
- User interface design experience
- Related experience in software testing and design
- Applications posted in Google Play
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to write, implement and manage libraries
What You'll Get
We’re not your typical corporate workplace. At Amrock, we offer a unique, collaborative environment that inspires creativity and encourages teamwork. Our team members make positive client experiences a priority, so we make our team members’ workplace experiences a priority. We take pride in making Amrock a diverse, inclusive place to work for those who share our passion for helping make the real estate process faster and easier for everyone.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top