Agile Release Manager
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
Agile Release Managers support a group of technology teams (a platform that generally supports one of our business areas) in the intake, prioritization, planning, execution and tracking of work requests. This includes working with technology leadership to determine team capacity and allocation, creating and maintaining team delivery performance metrics, establishing and supporting the intake and prioritization process, and driving consistency and continuous improvement across our technology teams. Agile Release Managers must be great communicators, adaptable, innovative, tactful diplomats, problem solvers, thinkers, analyzers, and be able to understand and respond to client's needs in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Work with stakeholders to define the tools and processes used to intake work requests
- Support the intake and prioritization process for technology work requests for the supported group of technology teams
- Provide visibility into the status of work requests for the supported technology teams
- Manage and provide visibility into supported technology teams’ allocation information
- Provide regular delivery performance metrics to technology leadership and supported technology teams
- Assist teams in capturing and breaking down delivery of more complex requests that require coordination between teams
- Help teams remove impediments
- Collect feedback and work with the teams to review, analyze and improve delivery practices
- Lead the preparation leading up to Quarterly Release Planning and support teams in planning activities
- Basic understanding of agile methodologies, trends and best practices; desire to learn
- Able to communicate with all levels of the organization and ability to deliver sensitive/difficult information tactfully
- Has a client-oriented mindset
- Ability to assess problems and solve them with a sense of urgency
- Ability to motivate a team to work together in the most efficient manner
- Is an analytical and creative thinker
- Adaptable during times of change
- Have or ability to quickly develop an understanding of the business area supported by allocated group of technology teams, so that you can maintain team's focus on the business value proposition
- Have or ability to quickly develop an understanding of the technical domain to effectively support technical risks that may arise
- 1-3 years of experience in a delivery support role (e.g. release manager, scrum master, project manager)
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes, and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010-2016 Primary Mortgage Origination StudiesSM. 2016 study based on 3,267 total responses measuring 13 lenders and measures opinions of consumers who originated a new mortgage. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July-August 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the 3rd largest retail mortgage lender in America – according to National Mortgage News.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top