Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
Are you the type of person who strives to make a difference? Our Administrative Assistants make a difference for our company every day. If you want to make your mark, then join the team that will make a big difference in your career. As an Administrative Assistant, you will support the Bedrock Real Estate Team and your areas of responsibility will include: scheduling and coordinating meetings, projects and general business support for the Detroit focused team. Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, and strive for knowledge to enhance their growth within the company while enjoying the administrative work required in the position.
- Intake, process and distribute high volume of internal and external correspondence
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and manage calendars
- Coordinate logistics and prepare materials for meetings and conference calls
- Review, comprehend and provide written summaries of key documents and projects.
- Interact and maintain a positive working relationship among all levels of internal team members and outside clients
- Organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files
- Take and distribute meeting minutes capturing discussions and to-dos
- Create, revise and edit written material as needed, including presentations
- Conduct research on various items using the Internet and other resources
- Perform other duties and special projects, as directed
- Excellent listening, organizational and communication skills
- Accounting experience or background is strongly preferred
- Proficient in using and navigating PC Platforms, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and is comfortable learning and using new technology
- Enjoys administrative work and comfortable supporting multiple team members
- Strong attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
- Able to successfully perform in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong ability to multi-task, juggle multiple responsibilities and coordinate multiple projects while focusing on supporting the needs of the team
- Self-motivator who can work with minimal instructions/supervision at times. Takes initiative to keep projects and tasks moving
- Ability to efficiently plan, organize and implement work priorities
- Anticipate and respond to the needs of the Bedrock Real Estate Development Team
- Proven ability to perform a variety of critical and often confidential tasks
What’ll Make You Special
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-4 years of experience in an administrative role
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Bedrock, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top