Accounting Senior Manager
Who We Are
We’re not only the largest online mortgage lender in America, we’re also the second largest mortgage lender overall – closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past seven consecutive years, 2010 – 2016. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for three consecutive years, 2014 through 2016, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 12 years running, hitting #1 the last five years and we were ranked #5 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2016, remaining in the top-30 for the past 13 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Accounting Senior Manager is a critical member of the Accounting and Finance team who leads the day-to-day operations of our centralized Accounting team and the monthly close process for multiple entities. This leader will collaborate with business stakeholders to drive process improvements and implement strategic solutions.
- Lead, develop and coach a team of experienced accounting and finance professionals
- Oversee and drive improvements to the month-end accounting close process
- Act as process owner for financial statement analysis for multiple entities
- Present financial overviews and recommendations to senior leadership
- As owner of the general ledger, support implementation of a new ERP solution
- Assist with technical accounting recommendations and review of GAAP financial statements
- Lead year-end audit processes for areas of responsibility
- Document and implement new accounting policies
- Lead special projects
- Ensure control environment provides adequate assurance that financials are reported timely and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with CPA certification
- Eight years of comprehensive accounting and financial experience
- Strong leadership skills and passion for continual development
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and ability to independently research and advise on complex
- accounting topics
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/assignments on tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to effectively connect with peers, internal clients and senior leadership
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience building and developing accounting teams for large, dynamic organizations
- Experience with financial system implementations
- Experience in the mortgage banking industry
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes, and more
Why We're DifferentCorporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010-2016 Primary Mortgage Origination StudiesSM. 2016 study based on 3,267 total responses measuring 13 lenders and measures opinions of consumers who originated a new mortgage. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July-August 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.comQuicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the 3rd largest retail mortgage lender in America – according to National Mortgage News.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top