Who We Are
Detroit-based Rock Ventures serves and connects Quicken Loans Founder and Cleveland Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert’s portfolio of more than 100 companies. The Rock Ventures Family of Companies' mission is to increase growth, innovation and prosperity in the cities in which its more than 30,000 team members live, work and play. Key initiatives include real estate development, community investments and economic development.
What You'll Do/Need
The Accountant is a motivated, proactive and organized individual who provides the day-to-day accrual-based accounting services to help grow start-up companies. They have a strong work ethic and are very detail-oriented.
- Complete monthly financial reporting packages
- Prepare schedules as necessary for cash flow projections and financial analyses
- Prepare and analyze balance sheets and income statements with budget variance narratives
- Support annual budget development
- Assist with system implementations and process improvements
- Support start-ups with reporting and other needs
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 2 years of experience
- Experience in general ledger reconciliations
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to take initiative
- Ability to develop/implement team ideas and projects both independently and with others
What’ll Make You Special
- An entrepreneurial spirit – actively seeking change, rather than waiting to adapt to change
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, dental and vision insurance, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including chances to win trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
- Meet the anti-corporate culture of Rock Ventures, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we're dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you're at it.
- Rock Ventures is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top