Senior QA Analyst
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Note: you must already be located in the Twin Cities, MN.
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst upholds and continually improves Questar’s Quality Assurance and Quality Control standards and processes. This position validates developed applications and systems in support of business operations as we develop and deliver Questar's K-12 educational assessment products. The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst ensures QA and QC project activities and deliverables are completed on-time and on-budget.
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst upholds the company core value to embed quality and integrity into every internal and external effort and company’s other core values, as well as its Mission and Vision.
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst reports to a QA Manager or a QA Director.
Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Collaborate with the Business Analyst and project team members to review and clarify project scope and requirements
- Define a test approach/strategy for the application or customer deliverables
- Author the Test Suite - test scenarios and test cases traceable to requirements in order to validate the application or customer deliverables
- Coordinate test case reviews with the Program Manager, Business Analyst and Developer
- Prepare test data for both manual and automated test cases
- Test execution of business applications, online applications, document processing capability, and reporting deliverables
- Validate data and reports using SQL and other tools
- Secure SQL code in Source Control
- Report QA metrics and testing status to the Business Analyst
- Identify, document and track issues found during testing
- Coordinate with developers and project team members to triage and resolve issues
- Escalate risks that will directly impact project timelines and deliverables to the Business Analyst
- Assist in deployment verification of applications or customer deliverables
- Actively participate and be the QA advocate in weekly project team meetings
- Update status of assigned project tasks and time reporting duties
- Participate and occasionally lead discussions in team meetings
- Work closely with QA Manager or QA Director on prioritization of tasks
- Training and mentoring of other QA Analysts in QA standards, applications, and business processes
- Lead and supervise QA team members in a project
- Contribute to performance management tasks for QA team members
- Ensure quality and on-time delivery in all assigned work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or technical area, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of QA and Testing work experience
- Expertise and applied knowledge of Quality Assurance and Testing best practices
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of different types of testing
- Expertise in reconciling testing requirements with business requirements
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and other software development methodologies
- Expertise in Database concepts and testing using SQL with Microsoft SQL Server or other database platforms
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Microsoft SSIS.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in test automation and tools (Microsoft VSTS, Selenium, Eggplant, HP, IBM, etc)
- Concise and effective written and verbal skills to communicate with other professionals, including Business Analysts, Developers, and other project stakeholders
- A positive and flexible individual with a successful history of working in a fast-paced, client-focused, and dynamic environment
- Passion for quality and great attention to detail
Professional Certification such as CAST, CSTE, CMST, etc
Knowledge and hands-on experience in establishing test automation frameworks
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Must be willing to relocate to the Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area (telecommuting not available)
Meet Some of Questar Assessment's Employees
Melissa works from a design standpoint to ensure that every interaction with one of Questar’s products or applications is as easy, intuitive, and painless as possible.
Back to top