Senior Psychometrician - Apple Valley or Remote
Senior Psychometricians are key contributors for all tasks from test construction through reporting of scores. These individuals are responsible for supporting activities such as item calibration, forms construction, scaling and equating, and technical documentation, or completing these tasks in collaboration with other senior members of the Assessment Design and Psychometric team (ADP). Senior Psychometricians may work very closely with both internal and external clients to fulfill needs of test design and development.
Senior Psychometricians are knowledge leaders on the ADP team and within Questar. As such, Senior Psychometricians are expected to provide guidance and direction on projects, initiate conversations related to innovation and flexibility with processes, and work closely with all Questar teams to meet the quality and service expected of our clients.
- Primary ADP team contact for all project-related activities
- Communicate with ADP members regarding project needs and deliverables
- Maintain schedules
- Ensure overall quality of project materials
- Facilitate item review meetings as needed (content, bias, and data)
- Conduct data review workshops and professional development
- Design and develop analysis and other psychometric plans
- Design, plan, and conduct standard setting workshops
- Statistically develop test forms
- Develop and maintain project-specific documentation (e.g., project overview and equating specifications)
- Publish and present on measurement and statistical topics as possible
- Support responses to RFPs by providing proposal content, test designs and blueprints, statistical analysis plans, and any additional material
- Additional duties as assigned
- Experience using statistical software such as SPSS or SAS and IRT software such as WINSTEPS or PARSCALE.
- Understanding of item calibration, score equating, and item analysis using both classical and IRT methods.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a psychometricians with increasing job responsibilities
Meet Some of Questar Assessment's Employees
Melissa works from a design standpoint to ensure that every interaction with one of Questar’s products or applications is as easy, intuitive, and painless as possible.
Back to top