Associate Proposal Manager
The Associate Proposal Manager is an integral member of Questar’s proposal team, responsible for a number of important components of the proposal process. These include managing work related to appendices and attachments, supporting proposal managers with ad hoc projects (which may includes researching, tracking down information, and some writing of proposal text), formatting the entire final proposal, and facilitating printing and shipping of the proposal. Along with the rest of the proposal team, the proposal coordinator works with other members of the Sales Operations team, along with Questar subject matter experts, to produce high-quality proposals within stringent time frames to meet proposal deadlines. The role requires exceptional attention to detail, strong project management, and is ideally suited to an individual who has ambitons to develop skills to become a proposal manager/proposal writer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze each RFP to determine the exact needs for production for each proposal and create a work plan that maps out necessary components.
- Collect and complete collateral and attachments as needed for proposal production; work with executive group and accounting to obtain necessary signatures, certificates, and ID numbers.
- Perform final formatting of technical and cost proposals, executive summary, cover letter, etc., prior to production of proposal.
- Create (PDF), print, and assemble hard copies and electronic versions of RFP responses: binders, tabs, collateral, attachments, cover letters, etc., and then package and ship final response as needed (FedEx/UPS).
- Maintain appropriate versions of documents according to established team processes as proposals are developed and then store final hard copies and make electronic copies available to others, as necessary.
- Search for open RFPs and manage vendor registrations for RFPs, as required; monitor procurement websites for announcements, amendments, and updates/awards after proposal submission.
- Support BAFO and presentation efforts.
- Work in close collaboration with proposal managers. Proposal manager support may include working with SMEs, tracking down missing information, writing some proposal text related to information obtained.
- Support visual appearance of proposal by creating images or documents for individual proposals (i.e., creating a bid-specific org chart).
- Eventually gain familiarity with the proposal team’s standard proposal language database and be able to support work related to pre-populating proposal drafts with standard text.
- Provide additional administrative support as needed, and helping update database materials, including experience tables, samples, etc.
- Monitor proposal supplies and inventory, and replenish products as needed.
- Occasional night and weekend work may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or similar field.
- Previous proposal, administrative, or production experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated strong multi-tasking administrative and organizational skills required.
- Strong problem solving skills that demonstrate appropriate prioritizing skills.
- Strong ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with others.
- Acute attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to proofread and quality check text and documents for errors.
- Ability to work in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat is required; experience with SharePoint or Confluence, and graphics programs (Photoshop) is preferred.
Meet Some of Questar Assessment's Employees
Team Lead, Customer Service
Steve coaches his team and works alongside them as they strive to provide technical solutions to Questar’s customers, ensuring users are able to integrate and use Questar products quickly and with ease.
Back to top