Quartet is a pioneering technology company connecting physical and mental care to improve people’s health and quality of life. We are building a collaborative technology platform that brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Our data-driven platform identifies high-need patients and facilitates access to personalized care. Backed by $92MM in venture funding from top investors like GV (formerly Google Ventures) and Oak HC/FT, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the US -- Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Louisiana, Washington, Northern California, and New Jersey.
About the Team & Opportunity
The Senior Development Manager will manage a group of engineers within the application column of our engineering team in support of our integrated behavioral healthcare platform. This role works closely with product owners on initiative definition, planning, and estimation ensuring that good technical decisions are being made through the use of design documents and reviews, delegating responsibility to tech leads on projects appropriately to generate these requirements.
You'll work closely with PMs and other engineering managers to synchronize priorities across initiatives, proactively identifying and clearing roadblocks for your teams and triaging incoming requests and bugs to be addressed against other priorities and communicating timeline, scope, and technical concerns to partners. You'll provide direction and career development for your team, carving opportunities for them to evolve their skills and experience and work to set clear expectations. You'll also solicit and deliver continuous feedback and actionably working towards addressing that feedback.
- Work closely with Product and Design to scope features
- Gather requirements from internal clients and neighboring teams, to ensure that good technical decisions are being made
- Mentor and develop engineers of varied experience
- Improve operational excellence of technical systems their team owns
- Delegate efficiently to ensure effective use of team members' time
- Lead various processes and scrum ceremonies such as sprint retros, planning and grooming
- Ensure systems are secure and highly available, taking into account business continuity and disaster recovery
- Produce quality metrics on the SDLC process
- Triaging incoming requests and defects, judging when to affect backlog priorities as necessary
- Lead multiple recruiting efforts and determine headcount for the team, getting ahead of those needs with ample time to recruit, hire, and onboard new members
- Setting clear expectations for team members, solicit and deliver continuous feedback, and actionable efforts towards addressing that feedback
- Provide cost/benefits analysis and suggested timelines on how to eliminate this debt
- Several years of hands-on experience with back-end tech (ie. PHP, Java, Python)
- Several years of hands-on experience as a Technical Engineering Manager
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with front-end tech (ie. Angular, React)
- 1+ years of hands-on with Node.js
- Solid experience delivering scalable web applications;
- Professional experience with and knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding of scrum ceremonies and continuous delivery best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams including QA, Product and Support
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Health Systems and Technologies
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience as a DevOps, Sysadmin, or Webmaster
- Project Management or Scrum master experience (or formal training)
- Experience with BI and Data pipelines
- Experience managing QA resources
- Familiar with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, full medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements for mental healthcare, 401K, ESPP, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here
to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: email@example.com.