Senior Data Scientist, Evaluations
Quartet is a pioneering technology company connecting physical and mental care to improve people’s health and quality of life. We are building a collaborative technology platform that brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Our data-driven platform identifies high-need patients and facilitates access to personalized care. Backed by $92MM in venture funding from top investors like GV (formerly Google Ventures) and Oak HC/FT, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the US -- Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Louisiana, Washington, Northern California, and New Jersey.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist for Measurement and Evaluation who is excited to make an immediate impact in healthcare. This position requires outstanding problem-solving, analytical and communication skills; experience with multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment; and the tenacity to execute against deliverables in a timely, high-quality fashion.
You'll work with complex healthcare data to design and develop experiments to measure the impact on various outcomes from Quartet intervention, based on predictive models and algorithms that enable effective integration of mental health into primary care to steer patients towards better health. You will learn and apply statistical methodologies to measure outcomes and impact of interventions.
You will collaborate with a team of market leads, bioinformaticians, product managers, and software engineers to help develop and deliver our analytic insights and create a scalable analytic foundation for our platform.
- Design and develop evaluation experiments and measurement methodologies using electronic health records, healthcare claims, and other data.
- Work with other data scientists and clinicians to develop a feedback loop from evaluation to improve prediction algorithms.
- Transform real-world clinical data into actionable insights using robust statistical methods and compelling data visualizations in formats accessible to a wide range of end users.
- Working with data that may not be clean and the data munging involved to run your experiments.
- Work with product managers and technical leads to develop scalable implementation approaches for statistical models.
- Become the subject matter expert on our data and its capabilities.
- PhD/MS or equivalent experience in a quantitative discipline, such as biostatistics, epidemiology, applied statistics, applied mathematics, or health economics.
- Experience with statistical programming.
- Expertise in outcomes research, with a track record of using creative study designs and sophisticated statistical methodology to answer novel research questions.
- Experience collaborating with engineering teams on the development of scalable platforms.
- Ability to manage client interactions and deadlines and versatility to collaborate with clients at various levels and functions.
- Ability to contribute high quality code in a scalable/repeatable way within our platform.
- Understanding of the full data lifecycle from ETL pipelines, active models, and deployment process.
- Experience working in a software development environment with strong programming skills (preferably with python, R) as well as code versioning systems (preferably git)
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, full medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements for mental healthcare, 401K, ESPP, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: email@example.com.
Have someone to refer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit their details to us.
Back to top