Data Platform Engineer
- Develop and maintain tools and systems to ingest, transform, and distribute numerous application streams as canonical data models and features.
- Implement and vend data ingestion, transformation, and feature generation tools to data science, ML, and partner services teams.
- Work with subject matter experts and product managers in architecting models to improve reliability and interpretability of data for analytical and business needs.
- Understanding Quartet business objectives and design services that couple business logic with reusable components for future expansion.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Leverage best practices in testing, continuous integration, and delivery.
- Build a world class, scalable health data ingestion pipeline.
- Drive down the time to insight by improving the accessibility and organization of data.
- Must Haves:
- Experience with integration of data from multiple heterogenous data sources
- Experience developing in Python, Spark, Scala
- Experience working in distributed systems
- Experience with SQL and data modeling
- Experience standing up and maintaining infrastructure at all levels of the stack
- Interest in solving real-world healthcare problems
- A great sense of humor and an ability to add to our dynamic culture
- A desire to work on a highly-collaborative, mission-driven team
- Nice to Haves:
- Ideal candidate has 5+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with HL7 and other healthcare data exchange standards a big plus
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Apache Airflow
Quartet has been named among Modern Healthcare's 100 Best Places To Work in 2016 and 2017! Benefits and perks of working at Quartet include:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Enhanced mental health benefits
- Paid membership to One Medical
- Pre-tax health, transit and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Fee-free 401(k) program
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave, and competitive family leave policy
- Amazing office with stocked kitchen, weekly yoga, meditation services and regular company gatherings
- Working with some of the most talented and mission-driven minds in the industry!
Meet Some of Quartet's Employees
Core Platform Engineer
Gabe’s main focus is on the internal recommendation service, where his goal is to drive activations between primary doctors and patients in order to get the proper care where it’s needed.
Back to top