Field Applications Scientist (Shanghai)
- Flexible / Remote
To continue our solid growth, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Field Applications Scientist (FAS) to join our growing organization. In this critical role, the FAS will work closely with the FAS existing team in China, FAS and sales team from distributor to help make customers successful once they start using Simoa and support the sales process. The Field Applications Scientist provides technical expertise to support the market development of Simoa technology.
- Post-sales support tasks will include providing basic and advanced trainings to users, responding to requests for technical information, and communicating regularly with existing customers to update on new publications/ protocols/tools and to promote the sales of consumables and assay kits, China local materials translation and local knowledge base management.
- Pre-sales tasks will include presenting the technology to prospective customers, traveling with sales team members to visit existing and prospective customers, attending trade shows, demonstrating use of the instruments and software, and providing technical information necessary to close the sale.
- This role will take most of the responsibilities above in the southern part of China. Post-sales will cover 65 % of time, pre-sales and others will cover 35% of time.
- Work closely with the Technical Support and Field Service organizations to help quickly resolve any technical or operational issues experienced by customers. All activities associated with tech support and training will be documented according to procedures driven by the Tech Support team.
- Communicate regularly with the External Application Support, Assay Development, and R&D teams to provide feedback from customers, improve existing products, and help develop new applications and resulting publications.
- Master’s degree or higher in biology, immunology, neurology, or biochemistry required.
- 2+ years customer-facing experience in applications, technical sales support, or related functions.
- Strong understanding of current immunoassay platforms and technology.
- Experience supporting novel, ground-breaking technologies preferable.
- Equally comfortable in front of customer as in the lab.
- Excellent technical communication and writing skills.
- Team spirit, positive attitude, strong work ethic.
- 35% travel expected.
- Ability to speak Japanese or Korean preferred.
Quanterix is a company that’s digitizing biomarker analysis with the goal of advancing the science of precision health. The company’s digital health solution, Simoa, has the potential to change the way in which healthcare is provided today by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, cardiology, inflammation and infectious disease. The company was established in 2007 and is located in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Quanterix is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Quanterix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or age. Quanterix will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities. Please apply on our careers page or email your resume to Amy Hafensteiner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Back to top