Field Application Scientist (Nordics/Benelux)
- Flexible / Remote
To continue our solid growth, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Field Applications Scientist to provide technical expertise to support the market development of Quanterix Ultra-sensitive ELISA technology. The Field Applications Scientist will report directly to the Applications Team Manager based in Europe. Post-sales will cover 65% of time, pre-sales and others will cover 35% of time. All activities associated with tech support and training will be documented according to established protocols. Finally, the FAS is expected to communicate regularly with the global FAS team to provide feedback from customers, suggest improvements for existing products, and help promote new applications of the technologies to drive customer publications.
- Work closely with the existing FAS team in Europe and distributor FAS/sales teams to support the sales process and make customers successful as they start using Simoa platforms.
- Post-sales support tasks will include providing basic and advanced trainings to customers, responding to requests for technical information, communicating regularly with existing customers to update on new publications/protocols/tools, maintaining a local knowledge base of translated materials and information, and promoting the sales of consumables and assay kits.
- Pre-sales tasks will include presenting the technology to prospective customers, traveling with sales team members to visit existing and prospective customers, attending trade shows, demonstrating use of the instruments and software, and providing technical information necessary to close the sale.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Train new customers on use of Quanterix instruments and technology.
- Assist customers with and provide analysis of customer data.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure efficient and timely support for all EU customers.
- Provide technical guidance regarding the choice and use of the appropriate Quanterix product to existing and prospective customers.
- Log and manage customer interactions using Salesforce and Quanterix’s complaint management system.
- Develop expertise in Simoa technology and relevant applications of the technology across different lines of research including Neurodegenerative diseases, Immunology, Oncology, and Infectious disease.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Commercial Organization experience required.
- Lab experience in a lab required.
- Equally comfortable in front of customer as in the lab.
- Strong understanding of current immunoassay platforms and technology required.
- Experience supporting novel, ground-breaking technologies preferred.
- Team spirit, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and ability to work independently
Minimum Experience and Education:
- PhD with customer facing experience in life sciences, pharma, or similar required; OR MS in biology, chemistry, or biochemistry with 10+ years of experience as a Field Applications Scientist in immunoassay field.
- 6+ months of experience in a position requiring 25%+ travel.
- Ability to travel 70% in this role.
- Occasional travel to the United States is expected.
Quanterix is a company that’s digitizing biomarker analysis with the goal of advancing the science of precision health. The company’s digital health solution, Simoa, has the potential to change the way in which healthcare is provided today by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, cardiology, inflammation and infectious disease. The company was established in 2007 and is located in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Quanterix is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, stock options and a 401(k) investment plan.
Back to top