Computational Scientist - Image Processing
- Billerica, MA
To continue our solid growth, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Computational Scientist (Image Processing) to develop algorithms and software in support of our high-sensitivity biomarker detection technology. The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and lab environments. The individual will work closely with instrument engineers, software developers, and assay development scientists to optimize the technology platforms at Quanterix.
- Analyze images and develop algorithms to improve performance and sensitivity of biomarker detection
- Work within software development team to implement image processing algorithms in commercial code solutions
- Interface with engineers and assay scientists to optimize platforms and develop next generation systems
- Implement computer vision and machine learning solutions to improve throughput and quality control of plate printing
- Provide image processing field-support for customers
- Participate in Quanterix software code development and design reviews
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- PhD in physics, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent (MS with 3+ yrs experience in image processing will also be considered)
- Demonstrated experience in image processing, including concepts such as image smoothing, segmentation, ROI analysis, particle counting, and statistics
- Extensive experience with CCD/CMOS cameras and optical systems, including concepts such as read noise, dark current, pixel defects, and flat field corrections
- Experience with image processing tools such as ImageJ, Python, and Matlab
- Experience with object-oriented software languages (Java, Visual C#)
- Experience in computer vision and machine learning
- Experience with Intel’s MKL and image processing is highly desirable
- Familiarity with bug tracking tools such as Jira is desirable
- Demonstrated self-learner and creative critical thinker
- Excellent collaboration capabilities, with the ability to influence laterally and upwardly
- Demonstrated ability to work well within cross-functional teams as a team player
Quanterix is a company that’s digitizing biomarker analysis with the goal of advancing the science of precision health. The company’s digital health solution, Simoa, has the potential to change the way in which healthcare is provided today by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, cardiology, inflammation and infectious disease. The company was established in 2007 and is located in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Quanterix is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, stock options and a 401(k) investment plan.
Back to top