Business Development Manager (San Diego)
- Flexible / Remote
To continue our solid growth, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Business Development Manager to join our growing organization. This position will be part of our Sales and Marketing team. This role requires familiarity with current immunoassay platforms and must be able to convincingly articulate the benefits of the Simoa technology. The ideal candidate for this role will be a highly-technical, scientific sales professional who has a passion for finding new customers, building new relationships, expanding current business, and a desire to expand and grow Quanterix business in Southern California.
- Sales focus on research-use-only segments (pharma/biopharma, academia, government, and CROs).
- Have established relationships in the target markets specifically in Research & Development, Clinical and Pre-Clinical Drug Development, and Translational Medicine
- Responsible for nurturing existing opportunities, building a sales pipeline, and executing on it.
- Involves a strong component of team-based market/business development and technology evangelization.
- Expected to work in collaboration with marketing, applications, technical support, field service, laboratory services, and all internal departments.
- Responsible for accurate forecasting and demonstrated excellence delivering against forecast targets.
- Minimum of BS or BA degree from an accredited institution with a major in biology, chemistry, or related fields. MS or PhD preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have 5-10+ years sales experience in life science research tools, analytical instrumentation, and laboratory services sales.
- Demonstrated successful sales track record of consistently achieving and exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets a must.
- Experience selling immunoassay instrumentation and laboratory services strongly preferred
- Experience selling novel, ground-breaking technologies
- Be a strong communicator and team player who is accountable and trustworthy.
- Must reside in the San Diego area
- Ability to travel up to 40-50% of the time
Quanterix is a company that’s digitizing biomarker analysis with the goal of advancing the science of precision health. The company’s digital health solution, Simoa, has the potential to change the way in which healthcare is provided today by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, cardiology, inflammation and infectious disease. The company was established in 2007 and is located in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Quanterix is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, stock options and a 401(k) investment plan.
Back to top