The Direct Response team's vision is to help our customers better understand their audiences and to deliver relevant advertising across all internet media. The team builds, operates real time prediction and controls algorithms that power all of our advertising products at scale. The team seeks an experienced Systems Engineer to help build the future of pacing services. Sound interesting? Read on.
Direct Response is an integral part of the Quantcast ad serving mechanism that manages delivery (impressions, spend etc.) for ad campaigns. We want to build the foundation of loosely coupled, highly cohesive service-oriented pacing service architecture that’s going to propel us into the next growth levels - which are coming quickly considering the rate we scale our architecture every six months. We’re eradicating most of our vanilla single master/machine topologies, splitting data processing pipelines to work in multiple shards and applying queueing systems to handle hundreds of millions of events. This means getting up close and personal with cutting edge technologies like Kafka and Cassandra, and building next generation scalable, high performance fault-tolerant systems. You might have used one of our open source projects like QFS, or maybe you’ve read our blog post on how we manage the key-value distributed store using Keebler. If this sounds like you, join the team that’s building the next generation pacing services.
- Engineer and operate solutions for automation, configuration management, deployment, software troubleshooting, system troubleshooting, etc.
- Innovate with new designs and optimizations to enhance the performance of existing infrastructure
- Create and operate mission-critical monitoring/measurement and alarm/alert systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of related work experience
- Flexibility to deal with novel and fast-paced deployment environments
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems administration
- Knowledge AWS
- Knowledge of networking protocols (on the wire and by RFC), especially TCP/IP, HTTP/S, DNS, and other internet services
- Experience with package-management systems (e.g., RPM) for building and deploying custom software
- Planning, prioritization and time-management skills
- Experience with system configuration-management systems (e.g., CFEngine, Puppet, Chef)
- Proficiency in multiple scripting languages (e.g., shell, Python, Ruby)
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor