Staff Software Engineer, Prospecting
The Prospecting team’s vision is to help our customers better understand their audiences and to deliver relevant advertising across all internet media. The team builds and operates real time prediction and control algorithms that power all our advertising products at scale. Prospecting seeks experienced Staff Software Engineers to help build the future of performance targeting. Sound interesting? Read on.
Pacing Service, which belongs to the Prospecting team, is an integral part of the Quantcast Ad serving mechanism, and manages delivery (impressions, spend etc.) for Ad campaigns. We want to build the foundation of loosely coupled, highly cohesive service-oriented pacing service architecture that’s going to propel us into the next growth levels - which are coming quickly considering the rate we scale our architecture every six months. We’re eradicating most of our vanilla single master/machine topologies, splitting data processing pipelines to work in multiple shards and applying queueing systems to handle hundreds of millions of events. This means getting up close and personal with cutting edge technologies like Kafka and Cassandra, and building next generation scalable, high performance fault-tolerant systems. You might have used one of our open source projects like QFS, or maybe you’ve read our blog post on how we manage the key-value distributed store using Keebler. If this sounds like you, join the team that’s building the next generation pacing services.
- Design, develop and operate scalable systems and algorithms to deliver advertising at scale
- Create and review proposals for long term architecture designs and development directions
- Improve existing ad targeting products and introduce new products to delight our customers
- Mentor junior software engineers to grow their careers and improve their skills
- Play an active role in recruiting world class software engineering talent
- PhD in computer science or a related field with 5+ years of relevant industry experience; or M.S. with 7+ years of industry experience
- Fluency in Java, C++ or similar object oriented programming languages
- Experience with large scalable distributed systems
- Experience in Distributed Computing / MapReduce, key value stores like MongoDB, Redis
- Proven ability to lead technical projects from conception to production
- Development experience in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience in any scripting language is a plus
- Familiar and comfortable with agile development methodology
- AWS experience preferred
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top