Staff Software Engineer (Lead), Product Engineering - Validation
Quantcast is hiring Staff Software Engineers with a focus on backend engineering to join the Product Engineering team in our San Francisco office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast uses machine learning to drive human learning. We’ve built one of the largest computing infrastructures on the planet, collecting a constant stream of data from over 100 billion events a day, across 100+ million directly-measured destinations. In addition to this global network, Quantcast has engineered premier map-reduce and real-time processing clusters at a massive scale, processing an average of 30+ PB of data every single day for various machine learning and data mining applications.
The team is responsible for developing based Planning, Targeting and Validation products to deliver valuable insights to Marketers and Publishers alike. Having built the successful Measure Audience Builder application, targeted towards Publishers. We now want to expand that success to Advertisement Agencies and Marketers. We are therefore, expanding the team to tackle this challenge to provide end to end experience for the Marketers to create and handle their campaigns in a self-serve mode.
Your job is to deliver state of the art solutions for backend components that will process and analyze massive amounts of data for our web data products for Marketers, Agencies and Publishers. You will thrive in an environment where independent decision-making based on product requirements is the norm. As a staff engineer in this role, you will be expected to keep up with the fast evolving Amazon AWS tech stack as well as the open source based technologies.
This is a hands-on technical leadership role where you should be comfortable in all aspects of building data and server side components, like defining and implementing data pipelines, streaming, storage, analytics, search and reporting functions. As a senior member, you prove your efficiency in building microservices that connect our UI with our data backend, user authorization and other services.
- You bring in the industry knowledge and expertise
- Design, develop and improve big data systems that drive the Audience Insights
- Share knowledge and standard methodologies among the team members and the engineering organization
- You will work with data modeling scientists to integrate with their models
- Collaborate with other teams in the engineering to provide strategic solutions for the company
- Help develop technical strategy and direction for the teams
- Partner with product managers, engineering teams and other stakeholders to fulfill customer needs
- Develop and improve the service layers that are of highest operational quality
- Participate in a team-wide on-call rotation to keep the systems ticking along
- Lead a team of 5-6 engineers, mentor Software Engineers and Interns
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, related field with 9+ years of relevant software development experience
- At least 3 years of team leadership experience executing complex projects
- Have a proven foundation of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to apply your valuable experience to tackle real-world problems
- Passionate about new technologies and driven to build the best products
- Extraordinary experience in programming with Java, Python, Scala, Go etc.,
- Experience in building distributed systems using MapReduce, Spark, Druid or similar technologies
- Worked in creating highly scalable web applications with REST API
- Expertise with data stores like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, HBase, etc
- Experience with AWS technologies or other cloud based infrastructures
- Exposure to data modeling and data science
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and has employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
Back to top