Staff Software Engineer (Lead), Product Engineering - Planning
Quantcast is hiring Staff Software Engineers with a focus on backend engineering to join the Product Engineering team in our San Francisco office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast uses machine learning to drive human learning. We’ve built one of the largest computing infrastructures on the planet, collecting a constant stream of data from over 100 billion events a day, across 100+ million directly-measured destinations. In addition to this global network, Quantcast has engineered premier map-reduce and real-time processing clusters at a massive scale, processing an average of 30+ PB of data every single day for various machine learning and data mining applications.
The team is responsible for developing SaaS based Planning, Targeting and Validation products to deliver valuable insights to Marketers and Publishers alike. Having built the successful Measure Audience Builder application, targeted towards Publishers. We now want to expand that success to Advertisement Agencies and Marketers. We are therefore, expanding the team to pursue this challenge to provide end to end experience for the Marketers to create and handle their campaigns in a self-serve mode.
Your job is to deliver state of the art solutions for backend components that will process and analyze massive amounts of data for our web data products for Marketers, Agencies and Publishers. You will thrive in an environment where independent decision-making based on product requirements is the norm. As a staff engineer in this role, you will be expected to keep up with the fast evolving Amazon AWS tech stack as well as the open source based technologies.
This is a hands-on technical leadership role where you should be comfortable in all aspects of building data and server side components, like defining and implementing data pipelines, streaming, storage, analytics, search and reporting functions. As a senior member, you prove your efficiency in building microservices that connect our UI with our data backend, user authorization and other services.
- You bring in the industry knowledge and expertise in Distributed Systems, Insights and Analytics technologies
- You will design, develop and improve big data systems that drive the Audience Insights
- You will share knowledge and standard methodologies among the team and across the the engineering organization
- You will work with data modeling scientists to develop data pipelines and integrate with their models
- You will collaborate with other teams in the engineering to provide strategic solutions for the company
- You will work with your team to determine product direction and customer needs
- You will develop and improve the service layers that connect the data backend to web apps
- You will participate in a team-wide on-call rotation
- You will lead a team of 5-6 engineers, mentor Software Engineers and Interns
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, related field with 9+ years of relevant software development experience
- At least 3 years of team leadership experience executing complex projects
- Have a proven foundation of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to apply your valuable experience to tackle real-world problems
- Passionate about new technologies and driven to build the best products
- Extraordinary experience in programming with Java
- Experience in building distributed systems using Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, Druid or similar technologies
- Worked in creating web applications with REST API
- Expertise with data stores like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, HBase, etc.
- Proficiency in Python, Scala, Go etc.
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Exposure to data modeling and data science
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and has employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
Back to top