Quantcast is hiring a Staff Software Engineer to join the Inventory team in our London office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast runs the world’s largest AI-driven insights and measurement platform directly quantifying over 100 million web destinations. Using machine learning to drive human learning, Quantcast provides brand marketers and publishers with meaningful audience insights, predictive targeting and measurement solutions across the customer journey.
London is one of 3 engineering centers from where Quantcast builds, operates and improves its entire tech stack. Quantcast follows a total ownership model with each team owning development, QA and operations for their software. In London, we build and run core services for Quantcast’s advertising product, such as our inventory platform, our anti-fraud & brand-safety systems and client-facing campaign configuration services. We are looking for experienced engineers with a real passion for engineering high scale, low latency, high volume internet products.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be a trusted engineering leader on your immediate team with influence on adjacent teams, both in terms of tangible outcomes as well as intangibles like engineering culture.
The Inventory team provides critical services to our targeting systems and interfaces with our partners that includes top brand names in advertising tech. This team helps to drive improved performance for brands by delivering relevant advertising across the digital ecosystem. They build defenses in order to protect brands against fraudsters trying to siphon money out of the advertising space.
- Take full ownership of a service, and its production operation in a highly complex and globally distributed system scalable to handle tens of billions of real-time transactions per day.
- Innovate with new designs and optimizations to enhance the performance of existing infrastructure.
- Understand complex technical and/or business problems that are both sizeable and ambiguous and turn these into effective design and implementation.
- Actively communicate thoughts, designs and progress on various initiatives across functions through both verbal and written means to technical audiences, articulating any assumptions and/or proposed tradeoffs.
- Support the engineering organization, including managers, by driving technical design and strategy. This includes actively mentoring more junior engineers, participating on cross-team design, and ensuring operational excellence.
- Be a thought leader in the area of improvement of development and production operation processes.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Passionate about engineering excellence, good practices and continuous improvement thereof
- Experience with high volume data processing
- Experience with Distributed Computing / MapReduce or other large scale computing systems such as Hadoop, Kubernetes and Spark
- Hands-on experience creating high performance multi-threaded programs in Java, C++ or similar object oriented programming language
- Experience in high volume data processing in the online space
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 18 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast adopted a #hybrid work model in March 2022. This model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. Implementation of our hybrid model may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your hiring manager for further information. All hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or, if eligible, apply for our fully remote work program. To ensure the safety of everyone, all U.S. and Canada employees working from a Quantcast office or who meet clients are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Outside of these locations, we encourage all employees to get vaccinated.