Quantcast is a large scale, data driven organization that lives and breathes data, processing well over a million transactions a second. The Brand team builds large scale modeling systems that let us target online users across the web. We leverage our large datasets, computational power and analytic tools to build high quality and diverse targeting products that support Quantcast’s position as a world class leader in online advertising.
We are looking for people with strong engineering and big data experience to expand our Brand Targeting and Inventory Quality capabilities. As a Staff Software Engineer you will design and build systems to identify the right user to target at the right time on the right website. You will collaborate with other engineers and work on a variety of large scale systems including our MapReduce cluster and global realtime bidding system. You will model suspicious online behavior to track down botnets and other fraudsters. You will develop behavioral models to understand and describe the interests and trends of the online community.
- Develop software to target users at large scale around the globe
- Lead software projects through the full technical life cycle, from design and development through deployment and support
- Work with other engineering teams to coordinate building brand targeting pipelines with other projects
- Work with product management and internal clients to gather project requirements and communicate project impacts
- Mentor and provide guidance for senior and junior engineers
- 10+ years experience working with high performance software
- 5+ years experience with MapReduce or other large scale distributed computing systems
- 5+ years experience leading all phases of software projects
- Degree in a topic related to Computer Science (Master’s/PhD prefered)
- Experience developing an engineering culture of high standards and best practices
- Experience working with non-engineering teams to define projects and set expectations
- Experience as the tech lead for cross team projects
- Nice to have: Experience in the online advertising space
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor