Staff Software Engineer, Audience Platform
Quantcast is hiring a Staff Software Engineer to work on the Audience Platform team in our Seattle office.
You will be part of the key team that develops the backbone of one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the advertising space. You will define and implement innovative Audience capabilities, pushing the boundaries of what the world’s biggest brands and publishers can do. You will thrive in an environment where independent decision-making based on product requirements is the norm. You will work on bleeding-edge distributed systems. You will utilize and keep on top of the incredibly fast-moving open source Big Data ecosystem and the fast evolving Amazon AWS tech stack. You should be comfortable in all aspects of building a backend like defining and implementing new distributed platforms that handle operations on trillions of objects, building new data pipelines that can transform petabytes of data fast yet cost-effectively, implementing new algorithms (often the basis of new patents) for providing insights and implementing robust APIs that allow efficient, easy consumption of the underlying data by our own products or external platforms.
The Audience Platform team is responsible for developing Quantcast’s connections with brands and other data partners and integrating them with Quantcast's vast first-party dataset. The Audience Platform team works with the Product Managers and our customers to help define and refine the products and roadmap.
- Work with Product Managers to determine product direction and customer needs.
- Co-owning vision for Audience Platform.
- Mentoring other engineers.
- Develop and improve the backend and the big data systems that drive our Audience Platform.
- Share knowledge and standard methodologies amongst the wider engineering teams.
- Work with data modeling scientists to integrate with their models.
- Participate in a team-wide on-call rotation to keep mission-critical systems performing at their best.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, related field.
- 8+ years of software development experience with high volume data processing; preferably in the online or ad tech space.
- Solid foundation of data structures and algorithms and ability to apply them to real-world problems.
- Excellent command of one or more programming language in Java, Python or C++
- Experience working with time series and distributed systems.
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and employs more than 700 employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
Back to top