Staff Software Engineer, Application Platform
Quantcast operates some of the largest custom-developed data processing infrastructure in the world, storing and processing tens of petabytes of data daily. This includes a fault tolerant space efficient distributed file system (QFS), along with a custom map/reduce implementation that is four times faster than the commonly used industry alternative.
As the members of the Common Tools and Services Team, we work with engineering teams in improving Application infrastructure and build systems to accelerate their velocity and optimize the distributed engineer costs.
We are currently working towards transitioning the company from Cloud Service toward containerization. We have identified gaps for which services/scaffolding would need to be built. We fondly call it the Application Platforms. We are looking for an outstanding engineer who has an understanding of Kubernetes and Service meshes to own the roadmap of this new platform.
- You are a passionate top-tier engineer who loves solving problems of large scale
- The code you write is a gold standard for the team and you constantly work with engineers to improve their implementation
- You have led the implementation of adoption of a new technology in across the organization and understand the technical and cultural challenges of navigating change
- You understand how others in the organization work and identify areas of co-operation and redundancy
- Being a true voice of team's users, you passionately fight for solving the problems in a way that leads to the best outcomes for them
- B.S. in Computer Science or related, with a minimum of 8 years of meaningful experience
- Experience building large scale distributed systems
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages
- Track record of driving operational excellence
- Ability to balance learning and productivity
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Strong written communication and documentation skills
- Organized, detail-oriented personality
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and employs more than 700 employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
Back to top