The Scale and Transport team is responsible for the feature store for Quantcast’s real time bidding infrastructure, handling ~2 million requests per second over a 10+ TB datastore with p99 latencies <5 ms. Their big challenges include;
supporting a growing array of business critical use-cases for real-time data at scale; handling a high-availability, high-throughput, low-latency real time bidding environment; ensuring consistency and usefulness of offline feature data for use in model training; working with modeling scientists to facilitate effective model training; scoring, and featurization, with an eye towards rapid experimentation and maintaining and extending client software to facilitate ergonomic and efficient use of the datastore.
The team also maintains Quantcast's custom distributed computing infrastructure, including a high performance map-reduce framework, and Quantcast’s open source hdfs-compatible filesystem, QFS.
- Co-own the vision for peta-scale computation at Quantcast, from strategy to implementation
- Running a spark cluster.
- Work with engineers using Quantcast’s distributed computing infrastructure to anticipate and meet their needs, with an eye to business value
- Design and develop high performance distributed computing systems
- Diagnose and solve big data problems with system engineering solutions
- Perform design, architecture, and code reviews
- Mentor and grow junior team members
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8 years of industry experience in software development
- experience operating, optimizing, and developing large scale key-v stores, streaming services, orchestration tools, and/or batch computing systems.
- Proficiency in C++, Golang, and/or Java
- Strong software development skills (version control, code review, testing, release, monitoring, debugging)
- Proficiency and high level of insight into Linux OS and running software systems on Linux
- Deep knowledge of Kubernetes would be valuable (but not necessary).
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast has adopted a hybrid work model. The model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. The effectiveness of the implementation may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your manager for further information. Through at least the end of 2021, we are providing additional flexibility, including relaxing the in-office schedule and offering flexibility around the number of days and which day one is required to be in the office. Hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or apply for our fully-remote work program. To ensure the safety of everyone, all U.S. employees working from a Quantcast office or who meet clients are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Outside of the U.S., we encourage all employees to get vaccinated.