Staff Modeling Scientist, Prospecting
The Prospecting team’s vision is to help our customers better understand their audiences and to deliver relevant advertising across all internet media. The team builds and operates realtime prediction and control systems that power all our advertising products at scale. This means getting up-close and personal with cutting edge statistical models and machine learning techniques. You’ll have the opportunity to leverage Quantcast’s massive computing power to build tens of thousands of predictive models, and to use these models to make over 2 million advertising decisions per second. We are looking for a top tier scientist with hands-on experience delivering successful products using machine learning & control optimization. Your goal will be to drive improvements in the foundational systems powering Quantcast’s ad targeting products. You’ll enable thousands of advertisers across the globe to reach their audiences at the right time. You will propose and drive a long term technology strategy that will scale our products to perform at 5x their current capacity (In fact, why stop at 5x? Why not 10x?).
You will work within a world class modeling group, spanning multiple product teams, that collaborates closely with our scientific advisors, Stanford professors Jerome Friedman and Trevor Hastie. As leaders in the fields of data mining and statistics, both professors take an active interest in Quantcast and our ongoing work.
- Design, develop and operate statistical models and algorithms to deliver performance at scale
- Generate and review proposals for long term research and development directions
- Improve existing ad targeting products and introduce new products to delight our customers
- Mentor modeling scientists & software engineers to grow their careers and improve their skills
- Play an active role in recruiting world class machine learning & statistics talent
- PhD in machine learning, statistics, data mining or a related field with 5+ years of relevant industry experience; or M.S. with 8+ years of industry experience
- Fluency in Java, C++ or similar object oriented programming languages
- Experience shipping ML/Statistics-based production software
- Experience in Distributed Computing / MapReduce, key value stores like HBase
- Proven ability to lead technical projects from conception to production
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top