Staff Machine Learning Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Quantcast is hiring a Staff Modeling Scientist to work on the Modeling Platform team in our San Francisco or Seattle office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast runs one of the world’s most substantial AI-driven insights and measurement platform, directly quantifying over 100 million web destinations. Using machine learning to drive human knowledge, Quantcast provides brand marketers and publishers with meaningful audience insights, predictive targeting and measurement solutions across the customer journey.
As a Staff Modeling Scientist, you will use our large datasets, computational power, and analytic tools to build high quality and diverse products to support Quantcast’s position as a world-class leader in advertising. You will help lead our efforts in crafting, implementing and operating large-scale machine learning systems in a production environment.
The Modeling team is developing groundbreaking platforms and algorithms to combine our vast first-party dataset with third-party data to provide the highest quality demographic and behavioral analysis of digital audiences on the market.
- You will design, develop and operate statistical models and algorithms to deliver quality at scale
- You will investigate modeling issues, identify fundamental causes, and design solutions
- You will prototype solutions, conduct data analyses to tackle large-scale inference problems, improve existing insight products and introduce new products to delight our customers
- You will work multi-functionally with other teams to develop standard methodologies in model building and validation
- You will mentor modeling scientists to grow their careers and improve their skills
- You will need to understand software limitations and work closely with software engineer to provide them sensible requirements
- M.S in Computer Science or related technical field with 8+ years of industry experience or Ph.D. with 5+ years
- Fluency in Java, C++, Python or similar object-oriented programming language
- Strong analytical, planning and social skills
- Strong skills in data visualization and storytelling
- Experience coaching and developing Junior modeling scientists
- Experience developing production software
- Experience in Distributed Computing / MapReduce/ Spark is a plus
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top