Staff Engineer / Team Lead, Inventory
This tight-knit group of software engineers based in Singapore is tasked with developing and running Quantcast's real-time bidding infrastructure at its high-performance network edge - a world-class, globally-distributed software infrastructure handling tens of billions of real-time transactions per day, currently up to 2 millions per second.
Members of the Inventory team are passionate about designing, building and running high-throughput, low-latency systems. Whether it's for a code one-liner or an entirely new design, these developers tirelessly tweak, optimize, re-architect, and refactor until the last drop of performance has been juiced from the system.
A candidate for this position will have a proven track record in leading the design and development of large-scale distributed computing systems or high-availability real-time systems. This person understands networking well, perhaps has developed their own distributed protocol, high-availability network component or similar. This person is able to lead the effort on large-scale projects, can translate business requirements into development opportunities, shape projects and lead the development effort whilst getting his or her hands dirty.
While many companies have globally distributed infrastructures with high traffic demands, Quantcast may be the only one of these in which you will be expected to have your hands on the system of a very large scale, pushing mission-critical production code within a matter of weeks and leading the effort soon thereafter.
- Take full ownership of a service, and its production operation in a highly complex and globally distributed system scalable to handle tens of billions of real-time transactions per day
- Be able to understand high level and complex business requirements and turn these into effective designs and implementation
- Be part of the leadership team, forming strategy and future direction of the real-time bidding infrastructure
- Be a thought leader in the area of improvement of development and production operation processes
- Innovate with new designs and optimizations to enhance the performance of existing infrastructure
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Passionate about engineering excellence, good practices and continuous improvement thereof
- Expert in Java or C++ and at least one of the major scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, shell)
- Expert understanding of networking protocols (HTTP, TCP/UDP/IP, etc.)
- Proficiency and high level of insight into Linux OS and running software systems on Linux
- Proven track record of operating software in Production environment or an experience in a leading role in a devops team owning a large-scale production system is an advantage
- Networking development experience, experience with developing and operating high performance real-time systems and/or experience of being part of a devops team is a major advantage
Quantcast helps create a more personalized digital world. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated data-intelligence platforms, utilizing big data and machine learning to solve the biggest challenges in marketing and create more rewarding experiences across the digital landscape. Publishers use our insights to better understand audiences and how content resonates with consumers they want to attract and retain. Marketers utilize our understanding of online behavior and our predictive advertising capabilities to reach the customers likeliest to engage with their messages. Consumers see the results of our work in relevant stories and advertisements that create a personalized experience across all of their devices.
Quantcast was honored as a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. To learn more, follow Quantcast on Glassdoor.
Back to top